Friday, August 24, 2012

No Bake White Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares



It's Friday afternoon and suddenly I'm dying for peanut butter squares.  Hubs and I are both white chocolate fanatics so this fab recipe I make at Holiday time pops into my mind.  I found the original recipe here a few years ago and make it when tis not the season with rainbow candy sprinkles.  Here's the debocle.  I open the pantry and low and behold, no grahams.   But I did see this. 

So I did it...and it rocks!  So much easier to make gluten free by using the cereal as opposed to buying gluten free graham crackers.  This will be the first time the man's having these so it will be interesting to see what he thinks.  These are wicked easy and fast...and yummy! I've also made them using dark chocolate and milk chocolate but white is my favorite :)
Peanut Butter Yummies
 


White Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup crushed crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup white chocolate chips
Rainbow candy sprinkles

Mix cereal and sugar together in large bowl.  Melt butter in small saucepan and add peanut butter to melt and combine.  Add to sugar/cereal.  Mix and spread in ungreased 8 x 8 glass dish.
Melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.  Spread evenly over peanut butter base and sprinkle with candy.  Chill to set.

Tweaked from The Goddess's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment